- Hotel accommodation based on double occupancy as indicated in the itinerary or same level
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary, highlighting the local cuisine
- Soft drinks and local beer during meals
- All land transfer by private vehicle mentioned in the itinerary
- Drinking water and snacks on coach
- Service of professional local guides and other staff
- Admission charges to all places and activities mentioned in the itinerary
Thangka paintings are Tibetan culture incarnate, both a work of art and a tool essential to the spread of Buddhism throughout the Tibetan world. The silk embroidered paintings could be traveled easily from one place to another over precipitous mountains and through the valleys of the region, acting both as a devotional icon and a teaching tool for itinerant monks, as well as a meditational tool as the devout focus on its beauty. The thangkas themselves are found throughout Tibet, and are a key part of traditional Tibetan society.
Learn more about the Thangkas on an exclusive tour of Tibetan areas deep in the Himalayas. Find hidden villages high up in the mountains, where you’ll join in local festivities and visit temples decorated with colorful fluttering prayer flags. Tour ancient monasteries, where you’ll discuss Buddhism with the high Lamas, then understand the Thangkas themselves in a private lesson back in town.
Banyan Tree Ringha
Arrive in Shangri-La, with beauty similar to its namesake fictional paradise. The town is complete with white-walled Tibetan architecture, incredible views of the surrounding mountains, and a general peaceful aura all around. You will be received by your guide upon arrival, then transfer to the Banyan Tree Hotel on the outskirts of town.
Banyan Tree Ringha
After a free exploration of Shangri-La in the morning, ride horses from the hotel to the secluded Ringa Village, where you’ll visit local Tibetan families and talk with the villagers. Join in on village celebrations by watching a thrilling horse race, and then explore the fragrant Ringa Temple, located atop green hill of pine and spruce. The temple, one of the oldest in the region, is still used for religious services that can be seen during your visit.
Banyan Tree Ringha
Have a morning visit to the Sumtsenling Monastery, built atop a steep hill according to the strict direction of the fifth Dalai Lama in the 17th century. Gain a deep understanding of Buddhism in a visit to the decorated chapels and residential quarters of the devout monks, and then discuss the sutras with one the high Lama over a cup of tea. After returning to Shangri-La, visit a local NGO devoted to culture preservation where local Tibetan students are learning the fascinating method of traditional Thangka painting. Meet with a master of the art who will teach you about the history of the thangka paintings, then instruct you on making one yourself.
Return to your point of origin.
We guarantee that Privepass is authorized to sell this product and that every brand we sell is authentic.
Shangrila is a remote paradise hidden in a Tibetan valley. Surrounded by snow capped mountains, Banyan Tree Ringha is nestled within this fabled valley, offering awe-inspiring views and experiences within a tranquil retreat.
The town is split between Tibetan and ethnic Han residents, as well as a fair smattering of Naxi, Bai, Yi and Lisu, with the surrounding countryside entirely Tibetan. While the crass name change in 2001 was a sign of the desire for increasing mass tourism a la Lijiang, the town has got nowhere near Lijiang's crowds, and it's still possible to experience the area's Tibetan heritage and see gorgeous countryside in near isolation.
There are daily flights to Shangrila (the airport's name is Diqing, airport code DIG) from Kunming Lhasa and Chongqing.
- Coupons could be used one year from now. Please make reservations at least 7 days before your arrival.
- For reservation: Tel. +66 (0) 2637 7991, Mon.–Fri., 9 a.m.–6 p.m. (Bangkok Time), or email at email@example.com. Please provide your coupon ID when making the reservation.
- Voucher is transferable and may be given as a gift.
- Price is Net (includes all service charge and VAT).
- No cash back or credit for any unused amount.
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount card or promotion.
- Please pay directly to the activity provider for any additional services needed.
- For reservation change, please inform us 7 days before the check-in date.
- All additional person fees will be collected at the venue.
- Minimum attendees: 1
- All additional fees will be collected at the venue. Please highlight additional requests when making the reservation.